Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop


Recently author Vickie McKeehan asked if I’d participate in my very first Blog Hop! After trying to figure out how to do this, I agreed to give it a try. I have to answer ten questions about my work in progress then tag other authors to do the same. Not only did it give me the opportunity to promote other authors, I’d get to share their links with you. So let’s get started.

What is the working title of your next book?

I actually have two works in progress but the one novel that is almost complete is titled Smoke & Fire A Firefighter’s Love Story

The story is basically a romance novel about Firefighter Jonathan DeMinico.  He is your normal handsome, strong and brave firefighter that loves to play the field.  Only in this instance he is injured fighting a fire and falls hopelessly in love with his respiratory therapist.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

I usually write about police officers or other law enforcement personnel in my thriller/mystery line of novels but lately I have been asked to do more romance.  So instead of using the normal boy next door or girl next door I went with a firefighter.   Women are usual the center character in these types of novels so I decided to do this one from a man’s POV (point of view).  Men can be strong but have a weakness also.

What genre does your book fall under?

Interracial Romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

John Stamos would be perfect for the part of the fireman and Halle Barry for the lead female.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

“I’m a fireman, if we get stuck, I will rescue you.”

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Like my other books, self-published

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I would say I have been working on it for about a month now.  I had to talk with firefighters to get the terminology and routine of what their day is like around the fire house.  I’m still working on the manuscript.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I haven't come across any yet.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?

It came from the heart. I respect all men and women in the service industry and like to write books about them.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

The opening action will suck readers in and the romance will want them wanting more.

Now that the questions are done, below are the authors I’m tagging so the blog hop continues. Make sure you stop by their blogs and get to know these talented individuals.
  
This has been so much fun for me I’d like to thank my friend, Vicki, for tagging me and asking me to participate. Please take a moment to stop by and say “hello” to her.

Website: http://www.vickiemckeehan.com/
Blog: http://vickiemckeehan.wordpress.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/VickieMcKeehan
Twitter: www.twitter.com/VickieMcKeehan
Goodreads:http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5389410.Vickie_McKeehan
Amazon author page: http://amzn.to/Hd3V0U
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/westcoastwriter/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text 'Yes' If You Love Me Has Been Nominated for Cover of The Month for May. I Need Your Votes Please

If you liked the cover of my book, Text 'Yes' If You Love Me, please vote for it for the Cover of the Month contest on AllAuthor.com...