Okay, I must sound like I have bubble gum in my mouth all the time. I am trying to do a sixty second commercial for a plug for my book for a radio show interview that I have coming up. I thought no big deal, I speak clearly and pronounce my word correctly for the most part, so how hard can it be for me to say a few words and keep it under a minute.
I purchased a microphone and typed out a small blurb to read and hit record. Well, now I can understand why there are so many retakes in a movie or sitcom. I could not pronounce my website www.outskirtpress.com/obsessiveobsession without sounding as if I either had an English accent or had one too many drinks before I started talking. Has anyone else ever noticed how hard it is to recite a website more than once without sounding as if you have slurred speech? I do and I now have a new respect for those people that do announcements or commercial spots or speak in public and have to recite websites repeatedly.
If you aren't used to doing any recordings or public speaking, it can be a pain in the you-know-what. It took eleven tries to finally record a product I though was useful. So after my final take for the night, I sent my audio clip to a few friends to review before I send it off to the radio station. Well not only did I think I sounded muffled but I guess I was breaking the record for speed reading. It was suggested I slow it down and relax. So back to the drawing board I go. This time I will try to slow it down so I won't sound like a speeding, uptight, bumbling idiot come interview time. Take twelve awaits!
- About Me
- Links I like
- Contact Me
- Nayla's Dilemma -The Ends of Justice
- Fighting the Desire - Extended Excerpt
- Law and Disorder-Partners Undercover - Extended Excerpt
- A Love Delayed Extended Excerpt
- When The Music Stops - Extended Excerpt
- Scenes To Steal The Heart-Final Act
- Smoke & Fire A Firefighter's Love Story - Extended Excerpt
- The Perfect Combination Extended Excerpt
- Calling For Rayne Extended Excerpt
- BEAUTIFUL MUSIC Extended Excerpt
- Yearning For Love Extended Read
- Contest and Giveways
- Book Reviews
- The Men of CLE-FD The Orlando Torres Story - Preview
- The Eyes Of A Stranger Extended Read
- I am a very quiet person that dabbles in many hobbies. I have found writing to be my passion to take me away from my stress and help me relax. Very family oriented, I enjoy spending time with family and friends doing a big cookout or just having a good round of sister talk with the girls. I take each and blessing as a gift and never question why things happen. We have to take the good with the bad to complete ourselves as a person.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (29)
- ► 2014 (31)
- ► 2013 (40)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (74)
- A Sneak Peek of "A Journey for Justice"
- A Sneak Peek At TEACH ME TO LOVE AGAIN
- Outcast by Kiru Taye
- Tweeting on Twitter
- Possible New Story for The Interracial Romance Line
- Upcoming Radio Interview
- Final Two Weeks For Gift Card Freebie
- A Brief Peek into My New Novel: When The Music Stops
- A SECOND EXCERPT FROM SCENES TO STEAL THE HEART
- COLOR OF LOVE Hip Hop Blog Is Giving Away Prizes! Enter To Win