Saturday, November 3, 2012

A SECOND EXCERPT FROM SCENES TO STEAL THE HEART

Excerpt 2:  Scenes To Steal The Heart.  Another sweet interracial love story.


Carlos sat on the deck of his Malibu beach house.  The breeze rushing across the ocean ruffled the leaves of the palm trees lining the property of the private stretch of land.  His mind took him back to Cleveland and the last memory he had of Danielle.  When he awoke the following morning, he noticed lipstick prints on his cheek and forehead.  He couldn’t remember much about that night, but he either remembered or dreamt Danielle had kissed him.
Rafael joined him on the deck carrying two sniffers of brandy.  Handing one glass to Carlos, he sat on the lounger opposite of him.  “Where is your mind these days?”  Since you’ve been home, you’ve been in a self-induced daze.”
“Believe it or not, Rafael, I kinda miss Cleveland.”
“You’re joking? What could you possible miss about being there?  Don’t tell me you’re missing Herman.”
He rolled his eyes upward. “Herman is not a person I’ll ever miss.  I do have a score to settle with him though.”
“Sounds like you’re a little pissed with our beloved distant relative.”
“Pissed is only a portion of what I’m feeling about him.” He took a long sip of the strong brandy before scooting to the edge of the lounger.   “He pairs me with this kid that gives me chickenpox that almost killed me.”
Rafael sipped his drink slowly. “You can’t blame him for the kid getting sick.”
“Okay, but I can’t rightly blame him for that but he is lying to me about another person I was interested in.”
“And, I bet this person is a woman; a man would not have you this upset.  So, tell me about her.”
“Rafael, she was like no other woman I have met.  She was genuine and faked nothing.  She didn’t get obsessed with my stardom or money.  She treated me like any normal man on the street and I liked that. ”
“Carlos, you’ve never needed a wingman; why don’t you pursue her if you want her so bad?”
“We exchanged numbers and promised to stay in touch as friends.  When I was released from the hospital, I asked Herman where Danielle was, after all, she was supposed to be my bodyguard.”
Rafael threw up his hands. “Wait, you had a woman as a bodyguard?  Was she built like Arnold Schwarzenegger?”  He asked making a muscle.
“My brother, you are not funny.  Danielle is a beautiful woman of color.  When she smiled, I wanted to capture and bottle it.  I wanted to believe she was smiling for only me.”
Rafael continued mocking his brother. “I’m seeing a black woman with a beautiful smile and obviously a body to match the way you’re mesmerizing over her.”
“She’s actually a policewoman and thinking about her, makes me want to hop on the next plane to Cleveland to visit her.”
“What’s stopping you from doing that?  Carlos, you control your destiny.  If this woman is haunting you to the point of making you forget all the beautiful women throwing themselves at your feet; then go get her.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Text 'Yes' If You Love Me Has Been Nominated for Cover of The Month for May. I Need Your Votes Please

If you liked the cover of my book, Text 'Yes' If You Love Me, please vote for it for the Cover of the Month contest on AllAuthor.com...