Friday, August 10, 2012

More from "Let Me Serve You" coming soon

“I will try my hardest to make it routine business as normal. You, Nate, and even Leslie can continue to do things after work and I’ll go do what I do on my own.”


“That won’t make me happy.”

“Oh well. Life is like a box of chocolates. You take a chance on what’s covered under that pretty gold wrapped piece. Will it be a sweet, chewy nugget or will it be bitter and hard.”

“You’ll always be that sweet, chewy nugget, piece, to me.”

“Stop it, Charlie. I’m not playing with you; just back off!”

“Leighton, I can’t believe you’ll never want me to do this again?”

With her back against the refrigerator, Charlie tipped her head to pull her into a kiss. She pressed her lips tightly to stop the penetration of his tongue from entering her mouth. Breaking through her barricade he was in and it felt like home.

Taking the kiss deeper, her loins started to stir. Their deep breathing was the only sounds in the room other than the humming of the deep freezer. Charlie’s hands found her breasts. He began to massage her slowly through the thin material of her blouse.

Falling prey to his seduction, Leighton placed her hands on his shoulders giving him a hard shove. Engorged with anger, instinct had her raising her hand to slap him; he caught her wrist. “You know you don’t want to do that,” he said kissing her wrist gently. “You’re angry with me and I understand. But you can’t deny there is something between us. I will back off to give you space, so you can see it for yourself, but don’t think for a minute I’m going to let you get away too far.”

Stunned and dumbfound by his actions, Leighton couldn’t do anything but storm past him to return to her office, slamming the door.

Charlie slid the heavy backpack over his shoulder. He wondered if he should wait on her so they could leave together as usual. When she didn’t emerge he tapped on the door. “Leighton, I’m leaving. I’ll see you in the morning.”

Safely hearing the service door close, Leighton removed her cellphone from her purse. Dialing the number she waited for the other party to answer. “Dr. Roake, can you squeeze me in; I screwed up big time.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Text 'Yes' If You Love Me Has Been Nominated for Cover of The Month for May. I Need Your Votes Please

If you liked the cover of my book, Text 'Yes' If You Love Me, please vote for it for the Cover of the Month contest on AllAuthor.com...