Saturday, August 27, 2011

Helpful Household Tips

I'm branching out a bit here.  If you have never used Charlies Soap, give it a try.  It can be used to replace a multitude of products you buy separately, hence saving you a little money.  I first heard about Charlie's Soap from a good friend of mine that gave me a little to try.  I'm a skeptic and have to see for myself if a product works before I spend over $50 dollars for it.  Well, that product worked and I immediately ordered my batch of Charlie's for myself.

Once I started cleaning, I didn't stop until my whole house was sparkling and I did it with that one product.  Reduced with water and you have an all purpose cleaner. It will clean wood (but not varnish, it will remove that) baseboards, computer desks and chairs, windows, mirrors...you name it, it will clean it.  Use full strength to clean stoves, refrigerators, sinks, tubs, toilets, stainless steel pots and pans, cutting boards (removes all food odors), and dishes.  Warning, do not soak metals in this soap or cutting boards treated with any type of coating, it will remove the outer coating.  You can use a wood oil for cutting boards to restore that shinny surface if you want.  Wash and immediately rinse and dry.

They also have a laundry powder that will remove residue from your washer left from other liquid detergents.  I wasn't thrilled about the laundry powder.  It made my clothes seem dull and stiff but there was no static.  The darker clothes tend to have an ashy look once they dried.  I will stick with my regular laundry detergent for that.

Anyway, that is my household tip for the day.  Did I mention it was environmentally safe.

Charlie's Soap Indoor/Outdoor Surface Cleaner, Concentrated, 128-Fluid OunceCharlie's Soap Laundry Liquid - 1 Gal Jug - (128 Loads)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text 'Yes' If You Love Me Has Been Nominated for Cover of The Month for May. I Need Your Votes Please

If you liked the cover of my book, Text 'Yes' If You Love Me, please vote for it for the Cover of the Month contest on AllAuthor.com...