Friday, March 18, 2011

Awkward Moments

I have my radio interview tomorrow morning with Authors Show Radio to promote “Obsessive/Obsession”.  I finally went over the questions they sent so everything will sound natural and not rehearsed.  The questions were pretty general and I think I can handle them okay.  My only hope is I get in the mood to do this by morning because, right now, I’m not really in the mood.

These last two days have been very draining.  After sitting in my car for over an hour yesterday trying to leave work and dodging the over-indulged partiers celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, all I want is to spend a relaxing morning in peace and quiet.

I also missed Plaid Sabbath at the House of Blues because I was busy, but I heard the place was packed.  I was told they did a wonderful job and I hope this leads to future bookings for them on every St. Patrick’s Day.

I have a few more interviews to promote the newest novel “Nayla’s Dilemma-The Ends of Justice” coming up and the Dayton Book Expo.  I hope I can keep all this straight and not mix everything up.

In other news, I am working on the third installment of this series.  Even though this book isn’t slated to come out for some time, I still have to prepare ahead of time.  Following my agenda, I had to get the cover together after writing the story.  I had in mind what I wanted for the cover but like most non-artistic people, I had a hard time explaining what I wanted.

Most people know I have two adult children.  Not being a bragger, I think my son and daughter are beautiful.  I immediately thought of them for this cover.  I called my daughter and ran the idea past her to see what she thought.

She was hesitant at first.  My genre is mostly romantic novels and of course she wanted to know who I had in mind for her to pose with.  I had a few people in mind that I wanted but needed to contact first.  As I was going through my phone, my son’s picture popped up.

While my daughter is more outgoing and social, my son, on the other hand is quiet and more like me when it comes to pictures.  While he is tall and very handsome, he is very not into taking pictures.  Why is it these are always the perfect types you’re looking for?  After I told my daughter my thoughts, she gave me that AWKWARD response with the raised eyebrow.  I had to agree that would be a little weird even if they weren’t posing in a romantic way.

I still wanted my son to pose for the cover. I asked, and after a few silent moments of deep thinking, he agreed.  I had to spring the other news on him about his sister.  When I pitched him my idea, he gave me the same response…too awkward.


Back to the drawing board I went.  Once I started plotting out my cover, I realized my daughter looked too young to be the lead female; she was more than happy with this decision.  I had to find another female for my son now.  I was able to find a young lady that agreed and she fits the part.  I can’t wait until we set up the shoot to see how they photograph together.  “Fighting the Desire” will be the third installment and hopefully a good read.  If I make it through these photo shoots with my son still speaking to me, it will all be worth it.

As always my post ends with a plug.
Obsessive/Obsession Nayla's Dilemma - The Ends of JusticeBoth on sale at www.amazon.com, www.bn.com. www.smashwords.com for only $0.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text 'Yes' If You Love Me Has Been Nominated for Cover of The Month for May. I Need Your Votes Please

If you liked the cover of my book, Text 'Yes' If You Love Me, please vote for it for the Cover of the Month contest on AllAuthor.com...